Your home is supposed to be your castle, but does it suddenly feel like your castle is a little too cramped or outdated? If so, it may be time to call a remodeling contractor in Gloucester, NJ! Here are a few of the things we specialize in when it comes to adding space to a family’s home:
- Kitchens: Your kitchen is likely the most used room in your home. With that in mind, it certainly shouldn’t be the smallest space you have! Expanding your kitchen will make your life a whole lot easier while you’re trying to cook. The nice part is that your remodel doesn’t have to be all that drastic to improve your living situation. Talk to our pros about increasing your counter space or adding more cabinets. You’ll be shocked at how much that can help out!
- Bathrooms: Everyone uses the bathroom every day. Why, then, are our bathrooms so small and cramped? They shouldn’t be! Knocking down a few walls to increase the size of bathrooms, or just upgrading the fixtures and counters in the bathroom, can do wonders to improve your daily routine. Reach out today to learn more about our bathroom remodeling services.
- Basements: Do you have an unfinished basement? Is your family growing? If you answered “yes” to either of those questions, you may want to consider finishing your basement! A finished basement can be used for extra bedrooms, a “man cave,” space for entertainment or just a place for your kids to hang out. We have years of experience finishing basements of all sizes to meet the needs of our clients.
Things to think about before remodeling
There are a couple of small downsides to adding space to your home you’ll want to consider before going hog wild and drastically increasing your living space:
- Overall cost: Remodeling can get expensive, especially if you run into unforeseen setbacks during the process. Do your research regarding how much your particular project should cost, and choose a trustworthy contractor who will give you an estimate close to that figure.
- Increased insurance rates: It’s a fact that larger homes tend to have higher insurance premiums. So, if you’re increasing the size of your home, you’ll most likely have to pay more each month for coverage. Make sure you talk to your agent about what the remodel is likely to cost you in the long run.
- Higher heating and cooling bills: Your bills are obviously going to go up if you’re heating and cooling a larger space. Thankfully, increasingly energy-efficient HVAC systems make it more affordable than ever to keep your home at a comfortable temperature throughout the year.
At the end of the day, increasing your square footage is a great idea—as long as you can afford to do so and hire the right remodeling contractor in Gloucester, NJ! Be sure to pick up the phone and call S A Whitley Builders if you’re thinking about remodeling your home. You’ll be amazed at the array of services we offer all of our clients!
Categorised in: Home Remodeling