Though it’s often overlooked or forgotten about, your siding is a big part of your home. It helps your home’s appearance, protects you from the elements and actively helps keep your energy bills under control. Continue reading to learn a little bit more about siding and its potential role in home remodeling in Gloucester, NJ:
- Appearance: What’s the first part of your home people notice when walking or driving past? It’s probably your siding. Whether you choose brightly colored vinyl siding or basic wood, your siding is what gives your home its color, and the majority of its appearance. A lot goes into deciding on siding, so be sure you choose wisely! Choose a material that’ll stand the test of time, a color that you really like and a team of professionals to install it. Give S A Whitley Builders a call today to learn more about all of our installation services and how we can improve the appearance of your home by installing new sidin
- Protection: Mother Nature can take a heavy toll on our homes. Luckily for us, we have siding to protect us during storms. Without sturdy siding, we’d be subjected to heavy winds, blowing rain, freezing cold temperature and much more. Some materials are better than others at protecting the interior of your home from Mother Nature’s fury, but any type of siding is better than none at all! If you’d like to learn more about upgrading your siding during home remodeling in Gloucester, NJ, pick up the phone and give us a call. We’d be happy to walk you through all of your siding options.
- Insulation: Your insulation does a lot to keep heat in and cold winds out, but insulation isn’t the only hero—your siding also has a large role to play in the fight against nasty temperatures! Sturdy siding blocks cold winds and helps block hot temperatures from creeping in. At the same time, your siding does a lot to keep your AC and heated air inside your home. That keeps you comfortable and helps keep your energy bills as low as possible.
When should I install new siding?
As we’ve seen above, siding does wonders for our homes for a couple of different reasons. Unfortunately for homeowners, it doesn’t last forever. Siding needs to be replaced every now and again for one reason or another. Here are a few reasons why we get calls for siding installation or replacement:
- New builds: Siding installation is one of the last steps in a home’s building process, but it’s definitely an important one! Anyone building a home should reach out today to schedule siding installation with us.
- Faded siding: As we mentioned above, your siding plays a large part in your home’s outward appearance. Sadly, the sun’s harmful rays cause it to fade over time. If your siding is looking a little lighter than it used to, it’s time to give us a call!
- Cracks: Your siding is subject to cracking throughout its lifespan. After all, it’s not the strongest material in the world! Those cracks make your home vulnerable to the elements and can cause your bills to rise.
Whether you’re building a new home, remodeling your current one or have noticed any of the problems above, call S A Whitley Builders to install your siding. We have years of experience and can get the job done in no time at all.
Categorised in: Home Remodeling